Author Topic: Sig Riser 2M Group Build  (Read 11925 times)

TonyN

• View Profile
Re: Sig Riser 2M Group Build
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2016, 05:02:26 PM »
I added approx 4oz of lead and epoxy in the nose of my Riser and have a 5 cell 1500mah pack stuffed in the nose as well and it balanced right on the suggested c/g.

I don't agree about the nose, it feels plenty strong for its intended purpose, sure strengthening might help during a hard landing but given the light weight of the plane and slow speeds I doubt many would want to spend the time or effort to strengthen the nose.

Tony
I love the smell of Balsa in the morning!

TonyN

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2016, 07:52:29 PM »
Finally had my first flights with my Riser today! With Jim's help I launched several times off the sport winch, had a couple of pop offs but finally settled on full power and had a few good launches. The air was a bit calm with thermal activity fairly sparse so flights were not very long. I am very pleased with the handling of the plane and was able to land easily even though this is a stock build without spoilers.

So for the rest of you, how many are ready to fly? I'm thinking a couple of weekends towards the end of July for some informal Riser flying/contest, starting off from a high start at first before graduating to the sport winch. Jim has graciously volunteered to be winch captain so all you newbies can learn how to fly off a winch as well as the high start.

let me know what you think,

Tony

Mike Denest

• Brighto?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2016, 10:59:35 AM »
My build has been moving at a snail's pace.  Tail feathers are done just needing final sanding.  Inner wing panels are complete; I'm now fitting the spoilers in.  Yet to do are the outer panels, fuselage, fitting the radio, covering, balance and first throw.  Too much other stuff getting in the way!
"He's Crazy Lew, he builds toy airplanes."
- Capt. Frank Towns, Flight of the Phoenix

TonyN

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2017, 08:12:31 PM »
All,
Its been a long time since I have posted, but I have not given up hope!

With the lack of flying field this past Winter and now Spring I am hoping most of you have been working on your Riser for the eventual re-opening of our field.

If you dont have a kit and are still in need of one I do have one still new in the box for $35, if your interested PM me here or on the Yahoo groups page,

Tony